Research Site Introduction:
OTRIMED is a dedicated, physician-owned clinical research center whose goal is to identify and conduct the highest quality, innovative and safe clinical research studies in collaboration with established pharmaceutical companies in the USA/World Wide to benefit the local community.
At Otrimed, we coordinate all phases of clinical and device related trials. We focus on identifying only eligible subjects to minimize screen failures
Research Site Description:
OTRIMED is located within one mile of St. Elizabeth Hospital (480 beds) & its emergency department. It is 7 miles from the Northern Kentucky - Cincinnati (Ohio) International Airport and is adjacent to Advanced Pain Treatment Center, at 162 Barnwood Drive, Edgewood, KY 41017.
THE CLINICAL TRAIL SITE OFFERS:
- Dedicated and secure space for research staff
- Dedicated research exam rooms
- Access to database of 2500+ patients through affiliation with the Advanced Pain Treatment Center
- Current patient population: wide range of chronic, benign and cancer pain
- Private space for conducting the Informed Consent Process
- Real time 24/7 remote temperature monitoring of drug storage room, freezer and refrigerator using 2G Cellular network for quality control and compliance.
- Ultrasound Scanner (6 MHz & 15 MHz transducers) for musculoskeletal procedure
- Free standing X-ray machine for imaging Musculoskeletal system
- Electromyography, Skin biopsy and Nerve conduction studies by certified personnel.
- Spinal Tap for diagnostic purpose
- Emergency Department of St. Elizabeth Medical Center is within one mile from the Research Center.
- Laboratory processing area
- Refrigerated centrifuge
- -20 Freezer
- Lab refrigerator with lock
- Back up power for freezer and refrigerator
- Fully monitored recovery area
- Wireless internet
- Standard Operating Procedures
- IATA certified staff for lab shipment
- Private space for monitors and auditors
- Access to copiers, fax machines and telephones
- 24/7 CCTV monitored facility
Currently enrolling for Chronic Low Back Pain (Degenerative)
- Chronic back pain for at least 6 months.
- Have failed 6 months of conservative back pain care such as: rest, medications, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic manipulations, activity modification, home-directed lumbar exercises and non-invasive pain control treatments or procedures
- Have undergone supervised Physical therapy as well as taken pain medication such as opioid or anti-inflammatories.
- Compensation : 9 visits / 36 months, Up to $675.00 Study Drug : Adult stem cell