Clinical Trial 43749

Richmond, VA 23236


Summary:

Recent research into Crohn’s disease is looking at treatments for Crohn’s. The investigational medication we are studying affects a specific part of the immune system that may be involved in the disease. The aim of this study is to compare the effectiveness and safety of this investigational medication when compared to a standard treatment for Crohn’s disease, and a placebo.


Criteria:

You may qualify for this research study if you are 18-80 years old and meet the criteria listed below. You can learn if you qualify after you indicate your interest in the research study.

  • Confirmed diagnosis of moderate to severe Crohn’s disease.
  • Demonstrated intolerance, loss of response, or inadequate response to conventional or biologic therapies for Crohn’s.
  • Do not have a current diagnosis of ulcerative colitis, inflammatory bowel disease-unclassified (IBD-U), abdominal or perianal abscess, or short bowel syndrome.


Qualified Participants May Receive:

Participants will be randomized into three study groups with a 6:3:2 ratio. This means that at the beginning of the study, volunteers have an 82% chance of receiving an active medication, and an 18% chance of receiving a placebo.


Clinical trials are medical research studies designed to test the safety and/or effectiveness of new investigational drugs, devices, or treatments in humans. These studies are conducted worldwide for a range of conditions and illnesses. Learn more about clinical research and participating in a study at About Clinical Trials.